After looking up several ways to make deodorant, I created one using only what I had in my cupboards.
- Corn starch
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils (I used lavender for smell and its antimicrobial and antifungal properties, Oregano for its antibacterial properties)
- An empty container to be filled with your new deodorant (preferably glass because essential oils can break down plastic)
- Combine equal parts corn starch and baking soda. I used 3/4 cup of each to fill up the jar.
- Add essential oils. I used 8 drops lavender and 4 drops of oregano.
- Add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil. My oil was already liquid and easy to mix with dry ingredients, but it will set to the consistency of deodorant after a day.
- Mix or mush all of the ingredients together to form a silky paste.
- Place in container (if you didn't mix ingredients in it) and let it set for a day. * I actually used mine right away but after a day its the texture of deodorant from the store.