Thursday, January 19, 2012

Easy Tomato Soup

After watching a cooking show, I was craving grilled cheese.The winner had melted the cheese to perfection.  Tomato soup is a perfect compliment to gooey cheese and toasted bread. Being on a budget I wanted to make a tomato soup that was delicious and already had ingredients in the pantry. After browsing several recipes, I decide to come up with one of my own.


Tomato Soup
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 celery stalk finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons whole wheat white flour
  • 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
  • Can of Water
  • Seasonings (I used a pinch of salt, pepper, sugar, basil, paprika, and garlic powder)
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery cook till onion is translucent. Add flour; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add tomato sauce and water, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add seasonings. 

1 comment: