Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Case of the "Missing" Ring

"This looks scandalous! It looks like you're having an affair with a married woman," I say.

"Oooh you're husband doesn't have to know," Jacob says as he raises his eyebrows. He then proceeds to pretend he is the "other" man. I roll my eyes and try not to smile.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"Um, I am not. You're scandalous."

This is my attempt at shaming my husband. It usually just ends up becoming a hilarious conversation where I set myself up. Some other attempts have started with "Is this your way of saying you don't want to be married to me?" or "You want people to think you're single!". It always goes wrong for me mostly because I know these questions are a bit off the beaten path. They don't really reflect my feelings or his. But, I usually end up laughing at his answers.

He frequently forgets his wedding ring. This week it happened to be at the Sports Complex. Most of the time he takes it off before he goes to bed and doesn't remember to put it on. I really hope in the future that we don't have to replace it because its missing! I know its not intentional. He says he panics when he realizes that its not on his finger. Yet, I can't help but give him a hard time! Is this wrong?

1 comment:

  1. It keeps the marriage interesting when you can poke fun and laugh about it. James and I do the same thing! LOL

    ReplyDelete